Most Recent Updates
- Check it out! I'm updating after a year and a half! :D
- Just thought I'd update my email address.
The one that's on the main page right now has been closed for some time.
The best one to use is email@example.com.
That's how to reach me in case you'd want to.
- This is probably the last update I'll make for a LONG time.
- I feel like such a heel!!
I should have been working on this at least SOME during the summer.
Since I haven't made any significant changes to it in a long time, I'm just going to release the source and let (probably tomorrow) whomever play with it and maybe make it better.
- It was a wonderful project when it was new and I gained lots of experience with it.
But all good things come to an end.
I've given up on this and I want to move to bigger things.
- That and my perfect girlfriend is taking a lot of my time so I can't work on this anymore.
- I thought of something new I want to add now.
I'm gonna add support for NESten cheat files.
They're simple enough and it's a good emulator too.
When I get out of school I'll work on that until it's done.
The fun 17 days between Spring and Summer I sessions!
I'm ALMOST done with it.
Tuesday will be my last day.
Starting July 1st, however, I will start Summer II and take Differential Equations at the University in my hometown.
- Well, it appears that I can't make the change I want to.
BUT I DID fix a bug I found when loading newer files.
So...it's been fixed.
I figure I'll make this open source soon since I can't think of anything more to add to it.
I am HOPING to write some more opinions of the RPGs I have listed.
I have beated the Zelda: Oracle games long ago and beat FFIX and a few others.
College just takes up so much time. %P
- Been a while, hasn't it?
I haven't given up, but there's only one more thing I think I can do to make it better.
Problem is I don't know exactly how to do it.
I want to make the listbox a checkbox, but I don't know the value name of the checkbox property.
As soon as I know I'll update then probably work on the next program I have in mind.
- Fixed a problem with loading a cht or a pat file on startup.
I'm not entirely sure if pat files will load correctly or not, but they SHOULD open correctly.
- Whoops, it didn't open correctly at all.
I just fixed it though. :)
- What? I have a web page? Oh yeah!
- Well, I actually modified the program to allow you to resize it. I also took out that progress bar because it wasn't serving any practical purpose and it was only used for saving and loading which doesnt take too long anyway. So, I updated not only the program, but also the VB runtime files as well to where it no longer has the ocx for the progress bar.
- I MAY or may NOT add decoding support for GB/GG codes.
- On a more personal note, my girlfriend/promised/future fiance came out of the surgery well, but is still complaining about every little pain she has. And she keeps telling me how women have higher pain thresholds. (Whatever that means :) )
- Well, I haven't died yet.
However, a very dear friend of mine was released from the hospiital this morning.
She was in because she had something wrong with her small intestine that required surgery.
(I can't say more because I don't know more and it's probably a sensitive thing right now.)
- I don't know about the rest of you, but the attack on America's people 10 days ago was very tragic and horrific. The countless thousands that were affected will never forget that day or what they were doing when they heard the news. I share my grief, sorrow , and sympathy to all that felt the blunt of this tragedy. We as Americans, however, should not look past this violence and at the same time ignore it and become productive. The time for mourning has passed. Let's get back to our lives. To those that have nothing else to do, I say go help the people that are cleaning up the damage. There may still be people trapped in the debris, but not for long.
- HEY! LOOKIE ME!! I'M BACK AT COLLEGE!!!
- I had a dream last night about Zelda64 that was very convincing.
Too bad it was a dream.
I had a dream about the fishing hole.
I picked which fish I wanted to catch from a rack (which right there is a dead give away to someone who's awake) and I choose one that started a short dialog with other fishes.
I caught it right away and it turned into a person!
It...he.. gave me a new sub-menu that allowed me to change my defense/offense/speed up to 5 times above normal and told me to go see the great fairies. (The ones that give you power-ups.)
I went to one of them and she said something about the Triforce of Power.....then the game crashed and I woke up.
D'OH!!! I bet it would've been good if I had kept dreaming about it.
- PS - I do NOT think the Triforce is in Zelda64 other than the cutscenes and in the hands of the three people that have it.
- Quite a while to not update anything, eh? I haven't had anything new to develop yet.
- The summer's almost gone and I still haven't gotten GB or GG support yet. I'm just tellin you that it's not hopeless yet.
- Check out this site: 8-bit theatre for the funniest comic ever made. :D
- Thanks to AndyRichter7 who had the courage to tell me that my links were broken.
- Thanks to Listless` of #Turkishguy for giving me the Oracle ROMs for GBC.
Hopefully I'll be able to write editorials on them soon.
- I've nearly played all the way through Majora's Mask.
Editorial about that soon to come as well.
Minor problem with this page has been fixed.
Yet another example of one left-out character creating an error.
- Still on the job hunt.
Nothing new to report except that an ex-girlfriend of mine is losing her job to a $40,000 message taking machine.
(talk about insult)
- I finally got my program linked to from Zophar's Domain.
Maybe now I'll get some more hits and requests for new features.
- I've decided to add Game Boy and Game Gear decoding since they are virtually the same anyway.
The only thing that you can do with the files will be saving to a text file and printing them out.
- Summer's here which means two things:
Freedom from school, and I have to find a job.
The second one is not very appealing to me, but I did hear of this programming job that I'm about to go to apply for.
- When this job hunt is over, I'll spend some time with this program to see what I can change.
- ANOTHER month without updates.
I'm still alive and kicking though.
It's just been a bother with college right now.
Lack of sleep and finals coming up is not a good combination.
- Thusly, I will halt further upgrades until the summer when I can actually look at the code.
- Fixed a Runtime error bug if you didn't specify a default folder for cheat files.
- I've been REAL busy with school and have almost neglected this site all together.
Since I'm not getting any email about complaints or suggestions about this program I assume that everyone is happy with the way it works.
If this is NOT correct, PLEASE email me with ANYTHING related to the program and I will address it.
- I've been working on a way to add to the mirc script to decode PAR codes to GG, but it doesn't work very well.
I'll update it when I get it done.
- As I've stated before, I am NOT currently updating the Game Boy version of this program.
I've noticed that some people are getting the Game Boy version.
If you want me to, please email me expressing that.
- Added a change in the way to enter PAR or GG codes.
Now you can either leave the "-" or the ":" in the codes OR choose to neglect them.
The program will add them if they are not added, and use them if they are.
No advantage either way and no more trying to beat the system speed to get rid of the hyphen or the colon.
This applys to ALL systems' codes
- Happy New Years one and all.
A little late I know, but Happy...you know, all the same.
- I had a few ideas for updates to the program, but neer got around to doing them.
They would all take too long any way.
So I'll let you, the faithful watchers deside.
Email me with ideas and I'll see which ones I can do.
If your idea wins, I'll give you credit IN the program as well as the web site.
Hurry, even the smallest thing might be added.
- WOW!! Almost two months and no updates.
That's getting sad.
I'm still alive and stuff for those of you who care.
- Finals are this coming week so I'll be studying for them.
Then comes.....CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!!
By then, I'll probably have time to update the program SOMEHOW.
- It's early on Monday morning and I decided that it's been too long since I've updated SOMETHING.
- All that I can say is.....um...... I'm getting the new DBZ tapes later this afternoon!! YAY!!! :D
This gives me the rest of the series minus episode 239.
- I also downloaded the rest of the GundamX series up to the next-to-the-last episode from a mirror of Super5 and already put them on CDs for later use.
Someday, I'm gonna watch them all in a row to see if the story actually makes sense. :)
- All this has NOTHING to do with my program and I realize that.
I'm just letting you people know that I haven't died and/or forsaken the few people who actually would use something like this.
- Umm....that's it.
It's bed time now.
- Well, I've been neglecting my program for a while now and haven't been able to offer a new version in a while.
I'll tell you right now, I will not update the gameboy and gamegear decoding until I recieve a request of an emulator to use it with.
It is kinda pointless to have a decoder/encoder if it doesn't do anything else.
That's why I added file support to the SNES/Sega/NES codes.
In short, no updates until I come up with a new feature (which hopefully will not require more files) or I get a suggestion on which emulator to use for GameBoy and GameGear.
The current GameBoy supported version will remain in it's buggy state until then.
- Added an option to paste the description into the description box along with the GG code or leave it blank. (accessable on the right-click menu of the List Box)
- Of all the dumb places to think about coding.
I was in the bathroom doing my business when it came to me as why the list would flicker when it contained 11 items.
I just added another condition to an if statement and fixed that bug!
This is as close to a new version that I could come up with so there it is.
- I also fixed an error of opening a file before the program has fully loaded so that should work now.
- Well I did something really stupid.
The source codes that I've been working on with the Game Boy support were left on my old computer and didn't get copied to the new one.
That means that I have to start from scratch on the GB codes and this time I bet I'll get it right.
- I found a new VBASIC command: Replace() which replaces characters within a string to another character.
So far, I haven't found a use for it :(.
- Here I am at college!
I got the new VB6 compiler in the mail the other day and I'm going to install it after I upload this page.
Expect an update before the month is over, but no guarenttees. (sp)
- Tried to get the progress bar to indicate progress in the list, but as it is it's impossible because there may be more swaps than items in the list.
Today is my last day in my home town as a resident.
I'm going off to college to prove myself to the world.
(That means that I won't be able to update for another week)
I'll put something else up by then. (I hope)
- I just added a progress bar to the main form to show, um, progress in opening, saving, and printing files.
The smaller files go by much faster so you probably won't see the change in the bar.
But this means that you need to register a new OCX in order for it to work.
I added this file (mscomctl.ocx) to the VBasic.exe file.
- Solved a problem with it closing without using the 'Exit button.'
For some reason, Windows wasn't canceling it from memory and it couldn't be opened again.
- I'm going to college this Saturday and hopefully I will have installed the new VBASIC compiler on my newest computer.
That way, I'll be able to add onto the current programs.
- I thought that I shold make an archive of files made by this program kinda like the one that ZD has.
What do you think about that?
Contact me and tell me what you think.
- It's my sister's birthday!! :)
- I just discovered that the link to the program was wrong and that the old download page had replaced the new one.
That has been corrected.
- I added a mIRC script (made in version 5.71) that decodes a SNES Game Genie code into it's address/data pair.
The format is !SNESGG 1337-C0DE. (or another valid code)
- For some reason, no one has downloaded my program even to try it out.
I guess it just hasn't gotten enough publicity yet.
- Got my new computer a few days ago and finally got it running enough to update this.
It doesn't have the VBASIC compiler installed on it yet so I won't be able to add onto this program until I get it installed.
- I have a new banner up now. You like? :) Too bad, it has to be there! ;)
- Forgot to upload the new program last night so I did it this morning.
Only try to decode GameBoy Game Genie codes with it, (along with the original functions) and it might be a little buggy so I'll leave the other one up until I get the bugs worked out.
The Game Gear codes still do not decode.
- I decided to add this page to tell people what's going on and stuff
- I Actually got the GameBoy Genie codes to DECODE, but I have yet to work on the Encoding.
Also, I will not have them set with the ability to save the codes in any way besides a text file because I have no emulator to use them with untii I recieve suggestions.